Facebook has announced Instant Articles a year ago, and many blogs or publishers started to use the service. Publishers like The New York Times and Refinery 29 opted to use Instant Articles where clicking certain article links within the Facebook app, the content is quickly arranged and all in a certain style. This, not only will make your articles load faster, but also let Facebook users read your articles easily, and big chances of getting more engagement.
Here’s how to set it up quickly and smoothly for your WordPress blog!
- Install the Facebook Instant Articles for WP plugin and activate. This plugin will create the special RSS feed that Facebook will use to create these differently formatted articles.
- Signup as a Publisher with Facebook. Head to Facebook’s publishing site and signup as a publisher. Select the matching Facebook page you have set up for your blog and follow the steps outlined including verifying your blog’s URL by adding the line of code to your blog’s header.
- You will then enter your RSS Feed URL which is http://yourblogurl.com/feed/instant-articles
- From there you will be able to edit the style of your instant articles to match your blog’s brand.
- Request a review from Facebook. Note, you will need a minimum of 50 posts on your site to be considered by Facebook. Then sit back and wait for your approval (this should take between 24 – 48 hours!)