March 24-27 — I, together with a team of bloggers, went to Baguio to participate in team building activities which were facilitated by Tree Top Adventure Baguio. As an employee who has never experienced team building in the company I am currently working, I was grateful for the team building exercises. It tested our balancing skills, patience towards repeated mistakes, and teamwork. These activities helped me voice out my own opinion. It was my first time meeting majority of the bloggers on this event. So you may think how it’ll be hard for strangers to connect, help each other, and aim for results in a different setting.
Here’s a list of five reasons why team building is important.
- Socializing and networking. Making friends is one of the best ways to increase productivity. It boosts morale in the workplace, and also widens for a network. This is also important for bloggers since we aim for traffic or bigger audience.
- Develops problem-solving skills. Work crisis can happen anytime in the workplace. So the help of every team member is needed to solve a crisis.
- Breaks the barrier. Since we were strangers to each other, we were disconnected. But participating in every team building activities break the barrier. We were able to communicate to each member of the team.
- Fun. This is one of the most important to have in any workplace. Team building isn’t just about competition or winning the prize. Fun is reinforced and will be absorbed even after team building.
- Leadership. A group composed of unique individuals and different ideas will never work if not handled properly. So someone from the team should stand as the leader.
These were all achieved with Tree Top Adventure Baguio as our facilitators. Kudos to them!
Tree Top Adventure
Tree Top Adventure is the only “Team Building” facility in the Philippines with motorized activities plus different kinds of Zipline adventure and more activities in the heart of nature; Superman Ride, Canopy Ride, Tree Drop, Silver Surfer, Free Fall, Funicular, Trekking, Skywalk and much more to be added. A theme park that would really want you to get out of the box.
Tree Top Adventure Baguio
The Baguio branch is located at Special Tourism Economic Zone, Camp John Hay, Loakan Road, Baguio City.
How to Get There
From Manila to Baguio:
From Manila take the North Luzon Expressway (NLEX) up to Exit 85, to get to the Subic-Clark-Tarlac Expressway (SCTEX). Stay in the right lane and head for Baguio via Tarlac. Drive the length of the SCTEX until the Tarlac City exit where you will turn left. Continue until the MacArthur Highway is reached. Turn right to MacArthur Highway, drive through the remaining towns of Tarlac, and the length of Pangasinan, until you reach Rosario, La Union. Turn right at the Rosario junction to Kennon Road or drive a little further and turn right going to the new entrance of Marcos Highway.
Upon reaching SM City Baguio at the Baguio Town Proper, take the road going to Camp John Hay. When at the entrance of Camp John Hay, one can reach Tree Top Adventure by following the road going to Scout Hill. The road can be found just after Le Monet.
From Manila to Baguio:
Northbound Victory Liner Bus Lines can take you to Baguio City. Upon arrival at the Victory Liner Terminal in Baguio, you may take the following:
- Cab. Ride a cab and instruct the driver to proceed to Camp John Hay. We are located within Camp John Hay, right after Le Monet before Manor, and just beside the Bell House (Scout Hill Area). This would take around 10 to 15 minutes, depending on the traffic, and cost around 60 to 70 pesos.
- Jeepney. The terminal of public utility jeeps going to Camp John Hay is just beside the Igorot Park. Take a jeep with labels PMA, Kias, Scout Barrio or Loakan; and get off at the entrance of Camp John Hay where Tree Top Adventure is within 15 to 20 minutes by foot.
Team Building Activities
Tree Top Adventure Baguio has 8 unique team games that everyone will enjoy. These games can accommodate family members, employees, and friends. Games are listed below:
Hone your coordination skills to accomplish a perfect cube drop using push and pull strategies in the fastest time possible.
Bar Lifter Balancer
A bar lifting challenge that also requires marbles be balanced in bars; a fun game that tests your team’s patience and coordination skills.
Using only your index fingers, each team member tries to lower a loop until a certain height, practicing team patience and coordination.
Strike a balance in the fastest time using a kamikaze-inspired seesaw to test your patience and communication skills.
Team members are blindfolded forming two lines back to back with their teammates. Each member says one letter from the alphabet, as the team tries to recite all the letters in proper sequence.
Team members are given pipes which they would use to transfer a ping pong ball from one station to another without letting the ball fall to the ground.
Team members must travel from one station to another without touching the floor using only the planks provided.
Team members are given pieces of a map that they need to form to see the bigger picture and determine the location of the treasure.
We were divided into two groups — #TeamPia and #TeamTanders (the group where I was assigned). We all participated in all the activities listed on this post. At first, we came weak since we were all strangers to each other, but listening and following to our leader made us strong and united throughout the team building activities. I believe that’s a big factor for a team to perform well if they listen, contribute and follow their leader.
My favorite team building activity was ABC Game. It was the first activity we did, and I know I mentioned earlier that we were weak at this game, but this was the moment we were able to connect to each other. And the least activity for me was Gem Drop. This activity tested my patience, tbh. I wasn’t smiling at the last moment of this activity.
Tree Top Adventure Baguio doesn’t just offer Team Building activities. If you’re coming to this theme park with your family and friends, especially when you are in a small group, or even in big groups but don’t want to try the team building activities, you have a number of mild to extreme rides and attractions to opt to.
Tree Top Adventure Baguio offers a variety of zipline adventure. I tried Superman zipline, Silver Surfer zipline, Canopy ride, and the most extreme, Tree Drop Adventure. The idea for Tree Drop is to let you fall on a 60-foot tree, of course with a harness. I wasn’t brave enough at first even we were at Tree Top Adventure Subic, but I still tried it.
You may visit Tree Top Adventure’s official website to know more about the rides and attraction, and rates and packages.
Special Tourism Economic Zone, Camp John Hay Loakan Road, Baguio City T: +6374 442-0800 M: +63932 404-1112 E: firstname.lastname@example.org